Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Tiger's Meow


This is a piece I made for someone who didn't end up wanting it in the end, it scarred me for a short while. Sometimes I am just too sensitive, but it was a great learning process for me. But anywho, this is a tiger eye cabochon that is domed on both sides from Chris, with two grossular garnets one on top and one on the bottom. Both of them have been faceted by Martin. These garnets are spectacular and the color on them is just gorgeous. They go great with the tiger eye. The setting I built out of soft wax and had cast in to 14ct yellow gold. I picked out two prong settings which I soldered onto the setting. I then set the stones, and then the tigers eye. My signature on my pieces is having the back cut out so the energy of the stone can come through while you are wearing it. Again I apologize for my camera it isn't the best for taking these kinds of pictures, but you can see what it looks like. This is definitely a power piece to wear, meeeow!

No comments: