Thursday, July 10, 2008

Papillon





This is a yellow gold butterfly necklace I made for my mom. It is on the larger side. I designed it out of soft wax. The body of the butterfly is a koroit opal, which I got from my friend Chris the wired artist. I love his work, and did I mention his love for opals! And the head is green glass, faceted by Martin. My mom really wanted a butterfly necklace, and honestly this piece took me a while, like years to do. I just started it one day, stuck it away and didn't finish it until earlier this year. Must have been the right time for her to get it and be able to wear, for she is getting ready to fly. Again my camera isn't the greatest in this kind of shot, but you get the idea! I wanted to try and show you all the color in the opal!

1 comment:

Cameron Ingalls said...

Looks great! You are so creative!