Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A deeper layer of ants

After thinking about all the ants that I have encountered in my room, I started thinking about what they represent to me personally. They are amazing little creatures, with all the features they are capable of. I hate to kill them, but they are not welcome in my room, and at that point they were staging a take over!

So getting back to my original reason for this post, I looked up - ant - in Animal Speaks, by Ted Andrews. This was so interesting that I felt the need to share it with you. There was quite a bit of explanation but I will share the part that struck me the most.

Ant
Keynote: Industriousness, Order, and Discipline

"If the ant has shown up as a totem, examine your own industriousness. Are you disciplining yourself enough to accomplish the tasks at hand? Are you or those around you looking for the quick and easy way? Are you neglecting important activities? Are you laying a good foundation? Are you adding new structures to your life with each passing year in some fashion - education, jobs, hobbies, etc? Are you being patient with your efforts? Are you being patient with yourself? With others? Are you making things greater and more difficult than they need be? Are you missing an opportunity to initiate new creations and endeavors? Ant can teach you how to harness your own power to design and recreate your life and its circumstances from the ground up. Ant can show you how best to work with others for the good of everyone. Ant teaches us the regardless of circumstances, if the effort is true, the reward will follow - in the most beneficial time and manner. Ant is the promise of success through effort." - Ted Andrews

This struck me with such great force, because the ants that "suddenly appeared out of nowhere in my room" I felt appeared with a message. And it wasn't a message for me to get mad that they were there, but rather for me to look deeper in the meaning of their apperance. These are all the types of questions that pertain to my life, and the direction I am going in. When I read this is made all the sense in the world of why the ants were suddenly all over the place.

It is now at the end of the day, and after looking at the full puzzle finally pieced together with all the componets I now can see the complete picture. I got it, thank you. I am now thinking about how many ants sacrificed their lives in order for me to "get the picture". Thank you each and every tiny ant that came into my room, to show me a greater and deeper layer of my life. Some how I am thinking that I won't be forgetting these ants....again thank you.

No comments: