Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I hope Thanksgiving was a great one for everyone this year. I cooked again this year, last year dinner was ordered from Whole Foods (which honestly was really disappointing), I was in no shape to cook it had only been 1 week since I had Syra. This year was great. The turkey came out amazing in the convection oven. I made a new stuffing, which I believe is here to stay, Artichoke Parmesan Sourdough Dressing. It was delicious I don't think I have ever loved stuffing so much. The mashed potatoes were very good too. I sauteed brussels sprouts (I love them). I made my great great grandmother's yam recipe straight from the heart of Kentucky, I think they were my husbands favorites this year. And my gravy came out pretty darn good this year. We bought a pumpkin pie, but I did make fresh whipped cream to top it off.

As for my art and stuff, I am happy to say that I am finally starting to sell! Not on etsy, but at least it is selling. I am very happy to have some kind of movement. I knew when I finally committed to truly following my heart's desire to do what I am doing, that it would take time. I am building from the ground up. Sure it is scary not knowing how I will make my bills, but somehow I get through each month. I keep focusing on my thoughts today, create my tomorrow.

I feel like I am repeating myself, but I am excited to say I have some new things in the works. I cannot wait to share.

I hope at the end of this holiday weekend, you have peace in your heart and a smile on your face. I am contemplating on sharing something here on my blog, but right now at this moment I do not have clarity, so I will end my post here for tonight.

1 comment:

Mr. Rush said...

The dressing sounds delicious. Do you have a recipe?